Tamozawa Imperial Villa
Nikko Tamozawa Imperial Villa was built in 1899 for Prince Yoshihito who became Emperor Taisho, and used as a retreat for emperors and princes up until 1947. Restored in 2000, its excellent Japanese artisanship in the architecture and superb Japanese interiors are open to the public. Unlike Imperial Palace in Tokyo, all visitors are allowed to walk inside the residential space where the former emperor stayed for evacuation in 1944 and 1945. The garden is beautiful. The weeping cherry in spring is breathtakingly gorgeous!
[ History Back ]